Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Flowers for Every Season

 I wanted to make a wreath for Miranda for Christmas. I bought a small Styrofoam wreath form from Michaels Crafts. I wrapped it in thick cream yarn. Why? My plan was to make flowers that were removable, so it could be a new wreath every season. Cream matches everything, right? 
 Plan on spending quite a bit of time wrapping. It took me quite a while, because I was concentrating on making it perfect. 
 Now, to make the flowers. I took a full sheet of felt and cut them into two inch strips. You can then use a hot glue gun and fold the strip in half and glue it together. 
 Depending on the size of flower that you are trying to make, you may need a few strips. I suggest making them all at once. 
 Take you scissors and make small cuts all along the bent edge of the felt. Don't cut all the way through. 
 Start at one end and roll. Keep rolling, I like mine tight, so I keep everything really close together. 

 Glue then end, and you have one small flower. 
If you want bigger, add the next strip where you left off. Glue it in place, and then continue rolling.
 Add as many strips as you want until you are satisfied with the size of your flower. 



To make them removable, I glued a piece of matching fabric to the flower, and then glued a hair clip. Best part about the hair clip on the back, besides that you can take them on and off your wreath, you can use them in your hair, clothes, etc...

When I get pictures back from Miranda, I will post the final results. Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment